How to install and start with PRTools?
PRTools is a Matlab toolbox for pattern recognition basics. If Matlab is not available it cannot be used. If it is, the following steps should be followed:
- Download PRTools from here.
- Unzip the file.
- Read the Release Notes and the Known Problems pages (only informative for existing users).
- Copy or move the prtools folder to a Matlab working directory.
- Start Matlab
- Add the prtools folder to your path, either by the “Set Path” tab of the Matlab desktop, or by the Matlab
You should see a scatterplot with some classifiers. In case you just see a listing and warnings, but no scatterplot, graphics are not enabled or tunneled. If you see errors, something is wrong:
- “Undefined function or variable ‘prex_plotc'”, means that prtools is not in your path. Check step 6.
- Other messages may be caused by a collision of toolboxes, see Known Problems.
For more information, see the PRTools user guide.