January 25, 2012
- Version 4.2.4, bug fixes and beautifications
- redesing of batch processing of mappings (
- full set of dyadic operations for datasets, datafiles and mappings
out2: mapping finding the second output parameter of other mappings
- internal names of classifiers upgraded
There is a post discussing on all recent updates
November 26, 2012
- Version 4.2.3, just minor bugs fixes and beautifications
- PRTools is now distributed by 37 Steps
September 15, 2012
- Version 4.2.2
- New classifier:
dtc, Verzakov Tree -Decision Tree Classifier
- New classifier:
randomforestc, Breiman’s Random Forest
- Programming tools added enabling a more simple definition of mappings and classifiers:
trained_classifier. For an example see
- Routine added for changing PRTools global variables:
- Handling of doubles in mappings: where possible mappings will accept arrays of doubles instead of datasets without internal conversion to a dataset. In such cases outputs will be an array of doubles as well
- New routine for class selection:
selclass. This routine is especially useful for multi-labeled data as it may select a class defined by another label list than the actual one. For such usage it is much more user friendly than
September 3, 2011
version 4.2.1, this version is identical to 4.2.0, except that p-codes are generated by Matlab 7.11 instead of Matlab 6.5.
Please inform us when old p-codes are still needed.
August 26, 2011
version 4.2.0 (wrong Contents file, later corrected)
better, extended, soft label implementation
‘bag of objects’ classification (bagc)
some missing value handling (misval)
standard PRTools datasets are downloaded when needed (prdatasets)
standard PRTools datafiles are downloaded when needed (prdatafiles)
- minor changes and bug fixes
December 12, 2010
many minor bugs are solved
June 25, 2010
- version 4.1.10
- option for density preserving data splitting added to crossval, thanks to Budka and Gabrys
- new classifier drbmc: Discriminative Restricted Boltzmann Machine, thanks to Laurens van der Maaten
- small changes in traincc and wvotec
June 1, 2010
- version 4.1.9
- bug in wvotec fixed
- libsvc and nulibsvc added (expects libsvm package)
May 3, 2010
- bug in indexing datasets fixed
- vpc, voting perceprton classifier implemented by Laurens van der Maaten.
- prarff, import of WEKA ARFF files available.
- communication with users improved by the command prtools, generating a web interface.
- prwaitbar usage simplified by implementation of prwaitbarinit, prwaitbaronce and prwaitbarnext
- featselv implemented
- dcsc (dynamic classifier selection) and modelsc added as combining classifiers.
- naivebcc and mlrc: new trainable combiners implemented by Chunxia Zhang.
- loso, leave-one-set out crossvalidation implemented.
- testc now accepts missing classes in case of undefined (empty) priors.
- im_patch for generation of image patches implemented in datafiles
- band2obj and bandsel for handling image bands implemented in datafiles
- 1-d images (time signals) are now accepted for datafiles, patches and bands
- im_dbr constructed: GUI to illustrate PRTools usage for image database retrieval.
- prwaitbar implemented and included in many routines.
- ident field in dataset reorganised to avoid overhead.
- createdatafile implemented to support saving partially constructed datafiles.
- adaboostc added
- A set of regression routines added by David Tax: linearr, ridger, lassor, svmr, ksmoothr, knnr, pinvr, plsr, plsm, testr, rsquared
- performance measures for testc extended.
- automatic parameter optimisation implemented for many routines by regoptc.
- rbsvc, automatic radial basis support vector classifier, implemented.
- rsscc, random subspace combining classifier implemented.
- naivebc extended: allows now also densitites estimated by parzenm and gaussm.
- soft output nmc improved: now based and spherical Gaussian densities.
- many image preprocessing routines implemented for datafiles, e.g. im_bdilation, im_gaussf,im_minf,im_skel, im_berosion, im_gray,im_moments, im_skel_meas, im_box,im_harris,im_norm,im_stat, im_bpropagation, im_hist_equalize, im_stretch, im_center, im_invert, im_profile, im_threshold, im_label, im_resize, im_unif, im_fft,im_maxf, im_rotate, im_fill_norm, im_mean, im_scale, im_gauss, im_measure, im_select_blob.
- normal_map (used in ldc,qdc,udc) now stores inverted covariances: slower training, faster execution.
- gaussm and mogc improved: increased stability by adding noise, more trials, better regularisation.
- Datafiles ready for usuage. Consequence is that as feature sizes of datafiles cannot be set appropriately, also mappings should allow for unset feature size (featsize = 0). Still much debugging to be done.
- PRMEMORY, PRTRACE, GRIDSIZE, etc are made persistent instead of global
- plotr renamed into plote.
- general kernel option implemented for svc and nusvc
- testauc (area under the curve) added.
- testc upgraded.
- implementation of the multiple labeling, see multi-labeling.
- structure implementation for user and ident field of dataset.
- intial implementation of the datafile class.
- combining superfluous prwarning calls.
- bhatm, Bhattacharryya feature reduction implemented
- labcmp added, useful for comparing label sets.
- change of policy for prwarning levels: by default just print level 1 warnings.
- upgrade warning level for use of class frequencies in case of empty priors.
- parzendc, parzen_map, nmc, allowing soft labels
- plotr (later plote), allow cells of error structures
- nusvc_nu added
- gaussm and emclust: get right number of components
- gaussm and emclust: improved soft label handling
- plotr (later plote): mulitple error curves implemented
- scalem, variance option corrected
- output of confmat and testc upgraded by disperror.
- proxm extended.
- fdsc, feature based dissimilarity space classifier implemented.
- ploto, one-dimensional plot of features, added.
- immoments, conversion of object images to moments, added.
- crossvalidation in feature selection routines implemented.